Skip to main content

Fusion's brushed steel nightstand


This super sleek tall nightstand called out for Fusion Mineral metallic paint in brushed steel. I saw a dresser done last year and loved it and just had to try it. Recently, Jennylyn, the creator of Fusion Mineral paint did a video on kitchen cabinets using it which was my inspiration for this project.




Just to be sure this orangy cherry color does not bleed thru I put on a grey tinted coat of primer. Fusion has a product called concealer I hope to try in the future that does this same job.

I brushed on two coats of the brushed steel metallic paint allowing to dry well between coats then did the glaze mixed with Fusion ash color.

Then as per Jennylyn's advice I sealed it all up with Fusion Mineral paint's tough coat which indeed deepened the steel look and will give the nightstand added durability. I scrubbed up the original hardware and put back on. It compliments the brushed steel and allows the nightstand to be either masculine or feminine.


the top narrow molding is the painted drawer, cute right? I think it is a great place for a diary ;)


I painted the top drawer a lighter grey


perfect not only in a bedroom but at a front door, end of a hall or in a living room used as an end table, so many uses for this reloved piece.


~disclosure~
Please note that although this post is Fusion Mineral paint sponsored, all opinions are my own. No monetary compensation has been received.


Linked up at these parties
Friday's Furniture Fix
Best Friday Features
Finding Silver Pennies
Inspirations Galore
Inspiration Monday
Embracing Change
Talk of the Town
Grandmas house DIY

Most Viewed Blog Posts

Old Fashioned Milk Paint goes barnwood

The Fab Furniture Flippin' July Contest™ with OFMP Farmhouse Fun

Classic Black Antique Dresser

Fusion's new color putty