Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Aged Zinc Finish sofa table - loads of photos


Sofa tables are asked for allot but hard to find in my area so when a friend had this one needing some TLC I jumped at it.


The inlaid veneer top had been partially sanded then left.


There was water damage as well so a good power sand was in order to smooth it all out.


Once sanded I applied Homestead House's ebony stain and oil finish to soak in and seal the top.


Two coats went on (above is just 1 coat) 


and then it was time to address the solid wood curvy turned legs base.


I found this inspiration photo on Pinterest, I wanted an aged zinc look


First step was a solid coat of Fusion Mineral Paint  in ash


Next Homestead House milk paint in raw silk was dry brushed all over including the top


followed by Homestead House milk paint in confederate grey


then Old Fashioned Milk Paint in pitch black


The next layer was Old Fashioned Milk Paint in light cream then snow white, so many layers yet so many shades of colors to give the desired effect.


All the layers were sanded smooth, milk paint sands to a buttery smooth surface.



To get the white washed look , Homestead House's white stain and oil finish was applied over the entire surface


then wiped back as per the can's direction. Did I mention how much I love this product?


And the final step just to add even more durability and a hint of sheen I applied  Fusion's clear wax.


I LOVE the look and think it indeed looks like aged zinc


Enjoy all the finished photos and watch the video at the end too










Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. I wanted to thank you for this wonderful read!! I absolutely loved every
    little bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you post?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment