Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Wooden Spice Rack in Fusion's Plaster


After a customer purchased this white farmhouse roll top bread box and vintage round wooden tray, she found this round spice rack and sent to me to paint to "match" the other two pieces.


As with every piece, it starts with a good cleaning. This piece had a waxy greasy coating that required scraping and scrubbing to be sure it was all off before moving on to the paint process.



Just like the other 2 pieces I applied two coats Fusion Mineral Paint in the color plaster, a warm white color. 


The edges were lightly distressed to keep the vintage look and hints of wood visible. 



To further age it, I applied Fusion Mineral Paint black wax in the crevices and edges.


The last step was to add a stencil, again like the other 2 pieces in the collection. This Waverly stencil fit perfect. Using a small stencil brush I applied Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black over the secured stencil. 



Once dry, it was lightly sanded to give a worn aged look in keeping with the whole look.






She now just needs to add the jars and this beauty is ready for use and looks fabulous with the other pieces.







Shared at these fun link up parties, check them out
Farmhouse Friday
Inspiration Monday
Creative Inspirations

Comments