Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Roll Top Farmhouse Bread Box



I picked this roll top bread box up at a thrift store. It was definitely not in the best shape paint wise but I knew it would look amazing in a farmhouse style in warm whites.


It has great bones, a fun farmhouse roll top door as well has a bonus storage area in the top, for what I am not sure ;)


First step was to sand down the previously painted surface to remove most of the paint drips and smooth the surface.


Black spray paint in flat matte was sprayed on all the edges so when distressed the orange is not revealed but rather a classic black.


I applied Fusion Mineral Paint in the color plaster, a creamy color with my angled sash Zibra brush, perfect for the cut in areas and straight edges. I applied two coats letting dry well between each coat.


It was then minimally distressed  along all the edges to reveal the black underneath. To add a bit of whimsy I decided to stencil on the roll top but which one?






I chose this stencil #3 from Fusion as well and went with Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black. 



How about one on the side? no, personally I prefer more simple classic looks.



To further age it, I applied Fusion Mineral Paint black and ageing waxes. Layering these gives an authentic old look.


I added an updated black knob a little larger then the original and much more cohesive.


And here it is all finished, the prettiest farmhouse styled roll top bread box.









featured on Hometalk July 22, 2018

Shared on these online linky parties
Farmhouse Friday
Embracing Change Creative Inspirations

Comments