Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

furniture spa day

I put a post on my Facebook page yesterday about the importance of a furniture spa day. There are many steps before the actual fun painting part of a relove that goes into the success of the piece.

In order to get in the painting line up, ALL my pieces get a well deserved spa day, sometimes it starts with an exfoliation which can be minimal to extreme, some get a chemical peel followed by an intense body scrub in every crevice! Some pieces then need a bit blemish repair while some need a few more cosmetic fixes but rest assured, each piece has had a refreshing spa day before they start their relove makeover.
I think this step is huge, giving the piece a fresh new start; sometimes removing years of grunge and allows the paint to adhere properly. The repairs bring it back to original, just a few steps in the relove process wink emoticon



 handy orbital sander to exfoliate
sometimes a chemical peel is required
 potions and repair tools
then good scrubbing, thanks to my husband who insisted on the fancy drain system in my workshop and the hot/cold water in my garden hose, these both make this job so much easier

 the pieces now relax and dry well before the paint process begins


Comments

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often. TNG Services 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would likewise persuade pretty much every individual to spare this site page for any most loved help to support posted the appearance.
    Comfyco

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment