Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Fusion's new Midnight Blue & MCM


It seems MCM pieces are coming my way allot lately and when I saw this sweet piece I immediately thought uber cool bar/ buffet.. and the colors dark.. like Fusion Mineral Paint's newly released  Midnight Blue




the downfall to stained wood is water... left sitting on it, dripping down it.. water is not good when left on finished wood

I gave the whole thing a quick power sand with 120 grit then scrubbed it all clean. The top is a shiny smooth finish so to get a better "stick" I put on a coat of Fusion Ultra Grip and left to dry overnight


The base was ready for staining, I chose a walnut stain



and seeing the back was bare I stained it too and the top of the inside of the cabinet, just for continuity


 but unfortunately the water marks persisted.. time for plan B

the next day once dry, I gave the base a second coat of stain this time a darker java


and the top and legs were painted the midnight blue in two coats



and a couple stripes added to the front to make the colors cohesive



then the entire thing was sealed with poly in 4 coats for added durability


 Staging.. such a task




not sure I found the perfect staging items but the piece is so lovely and versatile


And of course I had to stage it as a bar buffet..



*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint

Linked to these Online Parties

Comments

  1. First off I love MCM pieces, and I adore the design you added to this piece Lee Ann! Thanks for sharing it at Fridays Furniture Fix!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment