Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Jewelry Box Makeover in Fusion Raw Silk, aging wax and bronze metallic


The most popular product on my Creative Moments Etsy Store before Christmas was jewelry boxes. I scored a few more when I was in the city to restock my supply. This one looked like it could use a good relove. 


it is pretty boring but has a nice shape and good storage


I ordered new feet from another Etsy store to give it some height and charm. They were a antiqued bronze look so to update the shiny gold original knobs I used Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint. This gave a nice cohesive look.


Each foot is affixed with 3 uber tiny screws


Then it was on to the top of the box. I love this Fusion stencil and have used it previously on another jewel box and this sweet nightstand. It along with Fusion's pearl embossing paste create the perfect detailing for this beauty.


I use an off set pallet knife to apply a smooth coat of embossing paste then lift and tadaa. Leave this now to dry overnight and sand it smooth if any areas need it.


Now to add some color, I chose Fusion Mineral Paint raw silk for the paint color. I love raw silk. it is such a pretty warm white color.


Two coats with the Staalmeester sash brush then a little sponge sand distressing once dry and time to add some aging and dimension. I tried Fusion's new antiquing wax color and LOVE it, it is the perfect shade between Fusion's espresso and black. I like to work it in the crevices and edges. Ad to add just a bit of pop, Fusion's metallic paint in bronze was added to the raised stencil and edges too for a bit of sparkle.

This makeover took the plain jane to classic Queen status, agreed?













~disclosure~

Please note that although this post is Fusion Mineral paint sponsored, all opinions are my own. No monetary compensation has been received.

Linked up at these parties

Comments

  1. This is really nice idea. I like it and can't wait to try this. Thanks and keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment