Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

End Tables turned nightstands go Hollywood Glam!!



These french provincial end tables were brought to me to glam up and give a Hollywood style makeover to become matching nightstands in a spare room.

Once hardware was removed (customer will be changing to glass knobs) and the holes filled, the tables were hauled outside and scrubbed well.



Fusion Mineral Paint in the color champlain ( a soft warm white) was applied using my stubby cling on brush. It took 3 coats for the perfect opaque coverage the customer wanted over the medium stain.



Now that the warm white base was done it was time to glam it up



I used Country Chic's metallic creme paint in trigger and silver bullet to enhance the details



And for yet another layer of silver I created a pewter wax using Fusion Mineral Paint clear wax and American Paint Company's pewter mica powder.





On the left you see glammed up and the right is paint alone.
The tops were to stay solid white, no sparkle or shine.



Seeing they will be used as nightstands I added 2 coats of Fusion Mineral Paint wipe on poly but added 2 additional coats of Varathane's polycrylic in semi-gloss for even more Hollywood shine to look more cohesive with the base.

The customer has found different glass and crystal knobs but none are quite right so until she finds them, here is the finished Hollywood glam girls!

















Featured on


Shared to these Link Up Parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments