Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Refinished Antique Tall Dresser



This antique dresser has such lovely wood grain it begged to be refinished.


I love the dovetail construction and solid wood frame.


The hardware was removed and the entire piece scrubbed clean with warm soapy water with some Fusion Mineral Paint TSP.


The next step was to strip the drawer fronts using Heirloom Max furniture stripper.


Hand sanding was next order, see the left drawer half sanded?? This removes any left over stripper and original finish and smooths the wood nicely.


Above is all the drawers sanded smooth and ready for stain.


I chose Homestead House's cappuccino stain and oil. This fantastic product goes on easily and after 10-15 minutes you wipe off any excess.


First coat complete, how lovely! Leave to dry overnight



I then added two coats (24 hours dry time between coats) of Homestead House's ebony stain and oil finish. I applied the same order of color on the body of the dresser as well after a light sanding to smooth the original finish.


The top was stripped, 


sanded


and stained as well just like the rest. Above shows the first coat of cappuccino stain, isn't that grain beautiful?

The original hardware was lovely and I wanted to keep it on the piece. I tried polishing with my usual metal polish with no real change.
So I applied a coat of Rub 'n Buff in antique gold which was perfect.



Originally I was going to paint the body navy but after seeing it turn out so lovely all stained I have offered it up for sale like this and will ponder painting if it does not find a new home.
Do you think navy will enhance it even more?




I have to shout out to my daughters for that beautiful fiddle leaf fig tree they gave me for my birthday a few weeks back. I <3 it!!





Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  



FEATURED ON


Linked up at
Farmhouse Friday
Creative Inspiration
Inspiration Monday

Comments