Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Fusion new color release


As a Fusion blogger we are privy to seeing the new colors before they go public, so exciting. This fall's release has amazing colors, here are just a few.. check them out, which does your eye go to first?

After seeing an inspiration picture on Pinterest, on a very similar style dresser, I thought the new cranberry would be stunning with a gold "skirt". Once the colors actually arrived I was torn though but the pretty fall color ended up top of the list.



these were my top picks



Here is the MCM dresser, not bad from straight on

so interesting to see how blonde it really was in its glory days and how the sealer turned yellow, the handles are very MCM cool so a quick polish of the brass proved they will shine up well


but why the partial black paint down the side? So time to sand



so lets add back new legs that were lost over the years and do repairs and sanding of wood filled and rough areas and give it a thorough scrub to wash away the years of gathered dust



the finish was super smooth so to be sure I wiped on a layer of Fusion Ultra Grip for great adhesion


time to get the gold bottom on the base


and the bottom drawer


 as well as the new legs (disposable spray booths come in all sizes)


 
and while the many layers of gold dried I got started with the gorgeous cranberry color



 and create the transition line



 the hardware was polished and the wood backings painted, the solid construction has great dove tail drawers but what could this small solid ledge be in the top drawer??








*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint

Linked Up Parties

Comments

  1. This came out incredible! Thank you for sharing with us at the To grandma's house we go link party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for hosting the linky party.. I love the contrast of these two colors too.

      Delete

Post a Comment