Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Old Fashioned Milk Paint chippy antique highchair




I purchased this sweet antique high chair sans tray from a lady who grew up in it, I love the history of old pieces. I initially thought old white and chippy so out came Old Fashioned Milk Paint light cream.


whisk the powder and water and let sit for 15 minutes to let the bubbles settle


a great tip for chairs is to turn upside down and start painting there, it helps get the underside and awkward areas before standing up and finishing


 I did not paint this piece completely, this is hard for me as I was taught to paint carefully and neatly so this look is a brain gymming exercise but if you leave the nooks without paint it gives a more worn appearance once finished

pure milk paint likes to chip on its own if no bonding agent is added, and this was the look I wanted, to help the process along I sanded to help it chip and smooth the surface



original wood colors also alter the final color, shown above is the same light cream on two different stained wood colors, crazy heh?


the bright white color just did not seem to be right so I added a teal glaze wiped back to just add some color over the light cream color after giving it a coat of satin poly to seal the milk paint and a coat after the wash to seal again


I am not sure if this is the final look, perhaps a solid teal over the whole thing may be in order ;), what do you think?





*Disclosure
As a OFMP brand rep, I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains a sponsored link for Old Fashioned Milk Paint

Linked up to the following parties

Comments

  1. This turned out so sweet! Love the shade of blue you chose. Our To grandma's house we go link party just opened this morning, we would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. thank you, I have found your linky party and linked ;)

      Delete
    3. Thank you for sharing! Pinned!

      Delete

Post a Comment