From Gilded to Grounded: A Standing Jewelry Armoire's Dark Moody Transformation
Sometimes, a "bright and airy" makeover just doesn’t fit the vibe. I found this standing jewelry armoire after it had already been given a white and gold facelift by someone else, but it felt a bit too "glam" for many people. I knew it had the potential to be something much more sophisticated, mysterious, and—of course— moody . In this tutorial, I’m taking you through the process of retaining some of the previous DIY and layering on a deep, velvety dark green finish. We’ll be leaning into those shadows, highlighting the unique curved silhouette. Whether you're looking to tone down a piece that's "too bright" or you're ready to embrace the dark academia aesthetic, here is how I turned a high-contrast piece into a seamless, moody masterpiece.



Thanks for the opportunity
ReplyDeleteThis is so awesome I love fusion paints and would love to try new colours.
ReplyDeleteThanks
I used fusion paint for the first time this fall and absolutely loved it! Would love to try some more projects with this!!
ReplyDeleteLee Ann Kuhn does fabulous pieces using this paint.
ReplyDeleteI love how you combine colors and "centuries!"
ReplyDeleteFusion Mineral Paint is Fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteDecember 2016 at 15:51
Love Fusion Mineral Paint & would love the chance to try more products!
Unknown5 December 2016 at 15:51
Love Fusion Mineral Paint & would love the chance to try more products!
I would love to win and be able to try Fusion!
DeleteGreat pieces!
ReplyDeleteWould love to try this paint!
ReplyDeleteLove all the colours, it's tough to choose a favourite but would love to give this paint a try.
ReplyDeleteI would love to try these colors.
ReplyDeleteThey look beautiful
I love Fusion Paint!! I would love to have every single color!! ❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteLove Fusion Mineral paint. I need more colors! So versatile and easy to work with.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colors! Thank you for the opportunity to win!
ReplyDeletethank you!
ReplyDeleteLove their paint!
ReplyDeleteLove the paint and my finished products
ReplyDeleteI've just recently discovered Fusion Mineral paint & I love it! Your work is beautiful
ReplyDeletethank you.. I love this paint a ton too!
DeleteWe just recently discovered Fusion paint and are planning on painting our kitchen cabinets. Just trying to decide on a colour :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so in love with Fusion Paint! All of the new colors are gorgeous, its so hard to choose!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree it is amazing paint
DeleteI really love the look of the gray table. Hoping to be able to recreate that look on a 1960s dresser repurpose into an entertainment stand.
ReplyDeleteAwesome giveaway, fusion has some great color choices
ReplyDeleteI have heard so many good things about this paint, I am dying to try it out. Thank you for the chance.
ReplyDeleteLove the color Brooke
ReplyDeleteI recently painted my front door with fusion and am IN LOVE!
ReplyDeleteNicolr