Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Dixie Belle Ocean Inspired Farm House Desk



When asked my favorite color I would have to say the Caribbean sea, with that in mind I gave Dixie Belle Paint a go for the first time and chose pure ocean and mermaid tail to create this gorgeous farm house style desk.


The colors changed this boring dark stained solid pine into something fabulous and full of life.



I was lucky enough to win a Dixie Belle Paint giveaway on Instagram from Thirty Eighth Street, Thank you both. I had seen lots of Dixie Belle posts but never tried this brand of paint, seems like my lucky chance.


I worked with both colors to get the ocean blue mix starting with mermaid tail all over and working pure ocean in while still wet.


I know the video would be so much better if I had a tripod to go hands free, someday ;)


The paint does not take long to dry and once it was I added 2 coats of Cece Caldwell flat matte sealer then hand rubbed the entire surface with my favorite dark wax in café noir by Daddy Vans. It not only added to the aged vintage farm house feel but intensified the color and added luster and loads of durability.


Then to add the sparkle; hardware. These new brushed satin cup pulls from D Lawless Hardware with scrolly paisley detailing were perfect addition. I spray painted the original knobs in satin nickel with clear matte over to seal as well.

And here it is all finished, scroll to the bottom for a quick video of the desk too












*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, the links are added for your convenience of finding these great products. Huge thanks to my great sponsors for this project  Dixie Belle PaintD Lawless HardwareCeCe Caldwell Paints & Daddy Vans 

Shared at these Linky Parties


Comments