Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Cabinet in Fusion Plaster





A customer brought this vintage cabinet to me to make pretty. It was a wedding gift to her husbands parents 64 years ago and she wanted to have it updated to have in their home. Here's what I did.


The finish was chipping off and dinged in many places and with the thick shellac they used years ago you cannot really spot sand smooth so I power sanded the entire outside down to raw wood. It was gorgeous solid hard wood. She wanted to keep the inside original other then the chipped bottom shelf.


Fusion Mineral Paint  was perfect for this makeover, the durable all in one paint went on smooth with great coverage. We chose the color plaster, a warm neutral white that will go in almost any color home. Two coats were all that was needed.



To keep it looking vintage still I added Daddy Van's dark wax in café noir to the edges and crevices to give added dimension. The interior was given a hydrating rub of hemp oil to shine and refresh. 



The customer chose to paint the original gold knobs the same color as the body to have them blend in rather then be the focus.


And at the customers request I added an additional top coat to the top and the bottom shelf using Polyvine wax finish varnish and doing two coats. It was now complete and ready to send back to the customer to have the hinges and original glass put back on and look beautiful in their home for another 60 years!








*customer photo back in their home





*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint & Daddy Van's to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, strictly added for your convenience ;)


Linked up Here

Comments