Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Bread Box in Navy and Black



I purchased this solid wood bread box from Facebook Marketplace. This is how I got it, dirty and dinged up but using the base color and the rustic feel I refreshed it into a fresh new look.


The first step was to scrub it well inside and out then sand well. To add a fun punch of color to the piece, I painted the inside back wall Fusion Mineral Paint in the gorgeous color, azure.


Removing the knob makes it easier to work on it,


Now to add a more dramatic exterior, I chose Old Fashioned Milk Paint in pitch black to dry brush from side to side. The effect was like a dark denim, perfect.


To seal the milk paint and refresh the sanded dry wood I applied Fusion's hemp oil. The hemp oil was rubbed on all sides including the turquoise background. This oil is so easy to use. Wipe on, let it soak up and after 15 minutes wipe away excess. The next day I applied a second coat.


When it was dry the knob was put back on and the bread box buffed and it is refinished and ready for use.











Shared at these fun link up parties, check them out
Farmhouse Friday
Inspiration Monday
Creative Inspirations

Comments