Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Dresser Do Over in Fusion's Azure


It is very rare I redo a piece, I think only one in the past. But when this one of a kind "drippy paint" technique dresser sat for so long and was either loved or hated I decided to give it a more "classic" paint job. I totally saw it in a little boys room as a fun dresser, it is the perfect size and made of lovely maple.


For the makeover I went with Fusion Mineral Paint in azure blue. This bright turquoise color looks great with coral, pink or white for a little girls room or navy, grey, yellow or black for a little boys.



Step one remove the new hardware and power sand the dresser. The chalk paint drippy technique gives lots of texture that needed to be tamed. Wiped down it was now ready to paint this pretty color.



Fusion Mineral Paint in azure blue was applied with my Zibra angled sash brush in two coats. To keep a bit of interest and texture, I cross hatched the second coat.


To catch just a bit of texture I hand rubbed Fusion's white liming wax all over. It added just a hint of white (shown above on the top half)


The new hardware; satin cup pulls from D Lawless Hardware and oval knobs I had on hand were put back on and this beauty is ready to go.










FEATURED
Mar 26, 2019


Shared at these fun link up parties, check them out
Farmhouse Friday
Inspiration Monday
Creative Inspirations

Comments