Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Cherry Blossoms meet Wine Case



This sweet wooden wine case is hardly recognizable after the cherry blossom makeover. I think it looks so soft and serene now, agree?

It was cleaned well and lightly sanded for the silk paint to adhere well after the hardware was removed.


My favorite soft pink is called conch from the Dixie Belle silk paint line. I used the Dixie Belle synthetic brush in flat medium to brush a coat on smoothly.


One coat was all that was needed and when dry everything was sanded smooth and the edges distressed with a RAD pad by SurfPrep.


I cut the cherry blossom Dixie Belle transfer pieces out I wanted to use and found the placement. Remove backing, put in desired location and rub in place.

HERE are other cherry blossom projects.


This Dixie Belle transfer does require a light burnishing with a grey RAD pad by SurfPrep.


On the front side there was an issue with the transfer lifting the paint. Even though I scuff sanded the surface to start it may have required a bit more or Dixie Belle Slick Stick before the conch coat. Again I have only found this happens with this particular transfer and a floral one both made by the same manufacturer. I touched up the edges with more conch with a wee artist brush and lightly sanded all when dry to fix this problem.


To give more definition to the edges and keep the aged feel I used another wee artist brush and applied brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax along the creases and edges.


3 sides had transfers applied. To seal them all in I brushed on clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax with my dedicated wax Dixie Belle best dang brush.


The hardware was put back on and this sweet piece is ready to adorn someone's home.


 It is available on my Etsy Store.

Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk




Here is a video view for you to enjoy. 


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. The cherry blossom makeover is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I found you over at Across The Blvd, what cute crafts you make. Id love to have you share at my party as well. Hope you can find your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite, I have dropped by and shared some projects :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty wine case upcycle Lee Ann. I love the color and the cherry blossom transfer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie for your kind words, I am a huge fan of this color/transfer combo too

      Delete
  4. You did an amazing job painting this! It's so beautiful! I love the cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment