Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Retro Peacock Jewelry Chest


Jewelry boxes are my favorite smalls to relove and this peacock inspired one features my favorite colors too.
 

This cherry wood semi circle fluted jewelry box is so unique.


And the immaculate cream lined interior has loads of storage space on 2 levels. It is a great size and solidly made. And it has a pretty mirror too. 

Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


First off it was wiped with a damp cloth and Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner in a spray bottle to be sure the surface was uber clean. Then it was wiped with a clean damp cloth and dried.

There was a wee ding in the bottom edge that I added wood filler and reglued on the 3 feet.


The super smooth surface, it is best to apply some DixieBelle Slick Stick. This allows paint to adhere perfectly. Check out my learning lessons on this super shiny tote.


Now for color and this amazing new color, oasis, just released from DixieBelle silk paint is the perfect base color for the jewelry box. I started with the bottom then was able to flip over and carry on.


You may notice from my chairs, coat and pillows that this color is my favorite ;)


To create a blend of peacock blues I chose Dixie Belle Paint in mermaid tail and pure ocean.


The mermaid tail was brushed on the fluted areas.


Then the pure ocean was blended over the whole thing using my Fine Mist Spray Bottle.


When all are dry the surfaces were lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge. The blues blended perfectly.


To add some sparkle and glam I used a wee artist brush and applied gold Dixie Belle gemstone mousse between the fluting.


On the top is where the retro peacock Dixie Belle transfer is being featured. From the sheets I chose the designs I wanted, cut them out and decided where they would go. Once in place remove the backing and rub in place. 


Perfect! It is available on my Etsy Store


To seal the entire piece clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax was brushed on with my dedicated wax Dixie Belle best dang brush.


Now to add some dimension, brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax was brushed into the edges. See the brown wax above on the right and just clear on the left?


I think it is so lovely. And it is available on my Etsy Store

The back is painted to so pretty from all sides.








video tour




Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. It's stunning LeeAnn! I know someone (also Canadian) who is obsessed with peacocks so I'll share the link to your Etsy shop with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe that is so very kind of you, thanks so much!! Greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  2. You did an amazing job taking the old box and turning it into something beautiful. What a great recycle! Thanks for sharing at the FWF party.
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment