Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Aged Tulip Crate

 


Spring is just around the corner so when I found this wooden tulip bulb crate I knew I could give it a fun update from the boring raw wood look.


It was solidly made crate for Home Hardware. It just needed a good scrubbing and ready for its makeover.


The first coat was to darken the wood. I used a Dixie Belle chip brush and my Fine Mist Spray Bottle to apply Dixie Belle Voodoo Gel Stain in tobacco road. Misting the wood allows the pores to open and allow the stain to absorb into the wood.

Watch this quick 2 minute video of how I applied the stain.


All sides inside and out were stained and left to dry.


It darkens once dry.

Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Using a clean Dixie Belle chip brush, I applied white magic Dixie Belle Voodoo Gel Stain in a dry brush technique to give an aged bard board finish. You can apply as much as you want.


Once dry all sides were sanded followed by 2 coats of Dixie Belle satin clear coat. I was applying it to this sweet French Provincial dresser I was working on at the time so was super easy to just add 2 coats at the same time.


Using my dedicated dark wax Dixie Belle premium chip brush I brushed brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax on all the edges again inside and out to further age the piece.


I love this look allot, how about you?






here is my video tour for you :)



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

Featured on




Shared up at these fun parties



Comments

  1. The crate looks so much better now that you gave it some love! It is amazing what a little stain or paint can do to the pieces we buy. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee Ann! This crate is just perfect for your tulips! I'm featuring this post in Tuesday Turna About Link Party this week! Thanks for sharing your project and I hope to see you at this week's party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for featuring it and your kind words!! Both are greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing with us I'm featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feature I will be there to share more projects :)

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! I would love it if you would share it on the Fabulous Friday Link Party this Friday, and every Friday after that. You can find the link on my website. Hugs and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and for wanting to share it. I will find your party and check it out :)

      Delete
    2. can you share the party link I am not able to find in your bio

      Delete

Post a Comment