Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Floral and Lavender End Table / Cabinet


Tried a new color in the Dixie Belle silk paint line called morning sunrise, this soft lavender paired with the buds and branches changes this boring old end table into something one of a kind!


This end table is super shiny faux wood and very dated but is a good size perfect to makeover in a fun color with transfers.


The leaves carved in the door add to the botanical theme. Step one was with vacuum inside and out and under then spray clean and wipe yet again.



After much decision I chose this pretty buds and branches Dixie Belle transfer and narrowed it to these 2 Dixie Belle silk paint colors; morning sunrise and cactus. Which would you have picked?


To allow the paint to adhere to this super shiny smooth surface Dixie Belle Slick Stick was brushed on.


It is a durable primer that works like a charm. Good bye old faux wood look. Once this coat dried a second was applied and left overnight.


I chose the soft lavender morning sunrise Dixie Belle silk paint and brushed it on with my favorite mini Dixie Belle synthetic brush.


Two coats were brushed on allowing about 4 hours to dry between coats.


Cut the Dixie Belle transfer sections apart and move around piece to find where you want them.


Remove backing, rub in place, remove top cover and burnish in place with a Dixie Belle finishing pad.


Repeat this with all transfer pieces around the table.


You can overlap them and create your own designs.


Add as many designs as you want.


To seal all the transfers to the paint I like to apply Dixie Belle flat clear coat with a damp Dixie Belle applicator sponge. Two coats were wiped on in total.

To add dimension and age, brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax was applied around the edges and in all the cracks and crevices using a dedicated Dixie Belle premium chip brush. Above you can see with and without easily. A coat of clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax was wiped on the top after a few days of it all drying to add another layer of protection to the top.



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk







take a video tour



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. Hi Lee Ann! What a pretty color. It sure looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, it really did change it up from the old boring laminate faux wood :)

      Delete

Post a Comment