Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

All You Need is Oil :)


This beautiful antique dining table was restored with just hemp oil and ready to serve for many more years.


I could not pass up this solid wood beauty from a neighbor, just look at the hand carved details around the table edge ...


and those thick carved screw on legs!!


After a good scrub with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner, rinsed and dry, all of the legs table connector blocks were repositioned over the years so they were all removed, sanded smooth, reglued and positioned back in the proper location 


and screwed in place with new screws making for a secure fit.


The top was power sanded to remove old finish and smooth years of wear and tear. Sadly over the years the leaves went missing. The neighbor said it used to go 8' long and fit many family dinners over the years.


A final hand sanding was done with a sanding block and all dust wiped clean.


Now to rehydrate the wood with Dixie Belle Howdy Do Hemp Oil


The oil soaks right in and after 20 minutes wipe off the excess and apply another coat.


Shop dog; Harley approved the process.


Love the details.


The table came with a beveled edge smoked glass that the owner said cost $350. My eldest daughter used the table and glass top in her condo for a few months.


The glass adds protection and makes for easy cleaning.


When she moved the table was brought back home and given a light sand with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge, wiped and another couple coats of Dixie Belle Howdy Do Hemp Oil to rehydrate again.



A few weeks later it wanted more hydration so using my dedicated Dixie Belle La Petite brush I applied a coat of flannel scented (so good) Dixie Belle Big Mama’s Butta.


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk







Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON



Dixie Belle Blog

Shared up at these fun parties
 

Comments