Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Wooden Wedding Gift Sign

My youngest daughter is in a wedding party this summer and wanted to get a unique customized gift for her bride. She chose a hand painted family name sign.


I had a 13" X 10" piece of maple plywood on hand that would work perfect. It was wiped after lightly sanding with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge.


The board was stained a gorgeous brown color; walnut from Dixie Belle No Pain Gel Stain line. I like to apply with a blue shop towel and wipe back with a clean one. I allow the stain to dry well for the next 3 days or so.


My daughter chose a font and size she liked and printed it out for me to copy.


I make an outline with pencil then hand paint the letters in. I like to use the Dixie Belle sanding sponge to go over the surface once dry to smooth the stain and letter edges.


On the back a sawtooth hanger was affixed.


To seal it all up Dixie Belle satin clear coat was applied using a dampened Dixie Belle applicator sponge with 2 coats applied in total. This sponge makes it so easy to apply to flat surfaces for a streak free finish.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk





Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Dixie Belle Blog

Shared up at these fun parties

Comments