Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Trending Gold Framed Mirror

 Are you a fan of the trending gold framed mirrors? I am and was excited when this beauty was custom called from my stock list to be painted gold.


This huge solid wood dresser mirror with beveled edges will look perfect in gold.


The added braces were removed to start followed by a good wipe down.


There was one edge that needed a power sand smoothing.


I pulled out alll my gold options for the customer to choose from. Can you guess which one she chose?


I started with Dixie Belle Slick Stick be sure the gold paint sticks well on the super smooth stained wood. It will also make cleaning the glass not a worry to rub the inner edges.


This is one coat on.

I have to say that as one ages working above a mirror is not the most flattering reflection!! LOL


After a couple hours a second coat of Slick Stick was brushed on and left to dry well overnight.


The customer chose gold digger Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint. I brushed on the first coat with a small flat Dixie Belle synthetic brush. It was the perfect size for this project.

NOTE: metallic paint sets up quickly and easily lifts if brush drags over areas that are recently painted. Try to move faster and let next coat cover more opaquely.


If you happen to get  paint on the glass don't worry. Here is my removing paint from glass video.


This is closeup of 2 coats. You can see areas where white is till showing. In hind sight I maybe should have just scuff sanded the solid wood frame and applied the gold directly on it. I still do like the security though of the "primed" surface to help with mirror cleaning in the future.


I originally put a sheet of paper under the frame edge but this tends to transfer paint under the frame edge when moved. If this happens this is how I like to remove paint from under frame edges.

Three coats of cold were brushed on.


Even after 3 coats there were touch ups done with a fine tipped Dixie Belle Artist Brush


It is complete and ready to be hung in a sweet little girls bedroom. There are flush mount screw holders on the back to hang securely on the wall.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Comments

  1. Thank you very much for the kind words and the feature, will see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment