Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Saddle Stool Slime Rescue

My sister sent the below photo of her stool after my niece was playing with slime on it. It seems the store bought slime contains something that removes finishes. She was hoping I could fix this dilemma. Of course I can try was my answer. This is how I did the repair shown above.


First step was to apply a layer of EZ Strip paint and varnish stripper over the top and let get to work. You can see a little antique table in the back ground with its stripper applied too. (tutorial coming soon)

This finish lifted very fast and easily. Guess that is why the slime did the damage in the first place.


 Above and below are stripper videos


Wrapping the base with a plastic garbage bag prevents any stripper from dripping on the base and creating another repair. :)


When the top was done the sides were brushed with stripper. Followed by scraping and neutralizing the seat with a scrub with clean water.


Using my Festool rotex sander the top was sanded smooth.


Then hand sanded with the dust all wiped off ready to stain.


Here is the staining video


2 coats of walnut Dixie Belle No Pain Gel Stain were applied.


clear coating video


There was a total of 3 coats of Minwax satin polyurethane applied letting each one dry 8 hours or overnight.


The stool is ready to get back to work.


Here is a video tour of it.


Before it was delivered back to my sisters I gave it a paper bag sanding. Did you know a paper bag is similar to 1500 grit sandpaper? It leaves the finish super smooth.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared on these fun link up parties





Comments