Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Floral Bouquet Transfer Accent Table

  This cute accent table was previously finished by someone but no longer wanted. I saw total potential to change the color and feature a beautiful floral transfer in the center. How cute would it be in your entry way?

Floral Stenciled Wooden Crate

 

This hand crafted wooden crate needed some pizzaz to give it a one of a kind look ready to hold pretty potted flowers on a front step. Happy Mother's Day it will be for one lucky Mom!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


The bare wood was white washed with white magic Voodoo Gel Stain. This water based stain was watered down as well as the natural wood was misted too with a Fine Mist Spray Bottle to allow the wood fibers to absorb the white stain readily.


All sides were white washed inside and out. I used a premium chip brush to apply.


To add the one of a kind look I chose the tea towel floral stencil. Weeping willow Dixie Belle Paint was the green color used.


This sagey green is a pretty spring color.


The stencil was repeated on all 4 sides.


I wanted the crate to stay looking hand crafted and worn so once the paint was dry, the sides were sanded to smooth the wood and removed some of the paint to give a worn look.

Cottage door - a soft coral Paint was added for a pop of color on the crate. It was used with the butterflies silk screen stencil.


Perfect pop of color right?


Again the stenciled sides were lightly sanded. To further give a worn look I used a premium chip brush and buttercream Paint to dry brush over the entire crate. These brushes are so versatile and perfect for using on projects that may wear your best brushes.


To add more age, another chip brush (dedicated to brown wax) was used to apply brown best dang wax. The narrow brush gets into the crevices and blends easily. I light handed also dry brush the dark wax across the sides too.


And because it is going to be most likely outside, I gave it 2 coats of satin clear coat again with a premium chip brush. This step I did about a week after the wax went on to be sure everything was good and dry.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk







Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON







Hometalk 
8-28-2024



Shared on these fun link up parties

Comments

  1. Beautifully done. Great repurposing! Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique crate! And love how you just made it even prettier! The patina matches it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, your kind words mean allot :)

      Delete
  3. So pretty, Lee Ann! And Love how it adds such a touch of boho to the crate. Great for plants! I'm happy to be featuring your post at this week's Tuesday Turn About!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for featuring this project and for hosting weekly!!

      Delete
  4. This turned out so cute! Pretty colors and so well done. I'll be featuring this post at Thursday Favorite Things tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, thank you so much for that honor, I will be stopping by!

      Delete
  5. That is so pretty. And love the muted tones of the stenciled design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Custom stencils on 10 mils white mylar!! - text, images, designs, logos - whatever you need - Large stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment