Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Country Cabinet goes vintage white


How to take this country cabinet from orangy stained to classic warm white with character


Items-

1- cabinet
2- 3 paint colors (I used Cece Caldwell paint in duck blue, parchment & vintage white)
3- paint brushes
4- sanding sponge block
5- stencils
6- stencil brush
7- sealer (I chose Cece Caldwell paint's endurance finish)
8- sponge
9- new knob
10- dark wax (I used Cece Caldwell paint's aging cream)
11- wax brush
12 soft buffing cloth

How to-

1- remove hardware, scrub old cabinet well with soap/TSP water & scrub brushes then rinse well and let dry

2- apply duck blue paint cross hatched over entire piece (I did this dresser in duck blue too)


3- reapply another coat of duck blue over all surfaces

4- randomly brush parchment over the cabinet


5- apply full coat of vintage white


6- sand with sanding sponge block to smooth paint and reveal all colors and added texture


7- paint a stencil on the cabinet to give added character (the link takes you to my stenciling video on my Facebook page)



8- sand again, wipe off dust and apply sealer with damp sponge with 2 coats

9- paint a new wood knob 2 coats of the blue, sand and seal and install knob

10 - add dark wax to give the piece added definition, age and character,


above the top shelf has the wax started and bottom not and below all done


11- Buff with a soft cloth and you are all done











*Disclosure
 ALL the opinions in this and other posts are entirely MY own.  This post contains links for Cece Caldwell paint to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, they are just added for your convenience ;)

Shared at these fun linky parties
Friday's Furniture Fix
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday
Happiness is Homemade

Comments