Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Mission Style End Table with Fusion's Plaster & Cappuccino Stain


I refinished the matching mission style coffee table awhile back and just had the matching end table stored in the stock to paint area.  Needing to make room as well as get the set ready to sell together I pulled out the end table and finally finished it,



I did the same steps with this table too EXCEPT the top. The end table top is in great condition so I only light sanded it and then applied  Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one in cappuccino mixed with ebony. This easy to use no chemical smell finish goes on so easy and leaves a lovely finish. Each coat was left over night to dry well with only 2 coats needing to be applied.


The base was done exactly the same, Fusion Mineral Paint in a warm white called Plaster was applied in two coats lightly sanded between with a sponge sander.


first coat on

Once dry and sponge sand distressed on the edges, I added Homestead House espresso furniture 
wax .  This set is now back to matching and updated for a classic farm house look.











*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint & Homestead House Paint Co. 



Shared at

Comments