Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Mens valet - in dark grey


Vintage mens wooden valets are not commonly found in my treasure searches but when I find them they are always improved 100% with some paint and loving care.

Take this one for example,


I cleaned it up well and painted it in  Fusion Mineral Paint's Ash. This dark grey color is the perfect neutral not only for men but women too. Check out this gorgeous jewelry box, stunning hutch, wall art frame, as the base color of this bread box and home decor, mixed with other Fusion greys in the Restoration Hardware inspired dining table, along with quite a few more pieces I have used it on in the past. (just type ash in the search bar above)

Fusion Mineral Paint is such an easy to use paint as it is a one step paint in most cases. It has a built in top coat so unless the piece sees high traffic it does not need additional sealing steps and being highly pigmented it covers in as little as one coat, especially the darker colors. And its amazing "stickability" adheres it to almost any surface once cleaned and prepped accordingly.
And it goes on so smoothly to top it off! I have used quite a few brands and can 
say with great confidence, Fusion Mineral Paint is da bomb!


This is one coat of Ash that has been lightly distressed and  Homestead House black wax added in the crevices and edges just for added dimension and detailing. Simple yet stunning makeover giving this catch all chest years of service.











*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains links for Fusion Mineral Paint  &  Homestead House to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, they are just added for your convenience ;)


Linked up @
Friday's Furniture Fix
Farmhouse Friday
Happiness is Homemade

Comments