Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Sweet little accent table in MMS marzipan milk paint


I could not pass this sweet little table when I saw it, the inlaid top with the wavy edges and ornate legs begged to be reloved.


the top looked in ok shape from afar but up close (R) you can see the crazing sealer and chipping areas



I stripped the top with heavy duty furniture stripper wiping it on a cardboard pallet, which was previously used for my stencil paint pallet ;)

 watch how easily the finish scrapes off


Once this dries I hauled it outside and sanded with my orbital sander and 80 grit paper till smooth.



then of course a quick wipe, this shows what the wood would look like once staining starts, pretty right?




I started the stain process with Homestead House's stain and finishing oil all in one in driftwood. Since I went with a creamy paint color now rather then shades of grey I went with cappuccino for the next 3 coats. Each coat once dry was lightly sanded to smooth to a buttery smooth finish.


For the base and top edges I chose Miss Mustard Seed milk paint in marzipan, a soft creamy color. I did not paint every crevice but did do two coats before a good sponge sanding to remove any chippy milk paint and smooth the painted surface.

I also did this sweet farmhouse shelf and a set of glass canisters in the marzipan as well.



To seal it I went with a clear wax then added more dimension with Fusion Mineral Paint ageing and espresso waxes. Layering these waxes  gives an authentic aged look. Once dry a nice buff and the table is done.








FEATURED
on Hometalk August 25, 2018


Shared at these Link Up Parties
Embracing Change
Farmhouse Friday

Comments