Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Pine Shelf goes Farmhouse


I am a big farmhouse style fan and when I saw this solid pine country shelf I knew it could be farmhouse styled.


I chose Miss Mustard Seed milk paint in marzipan, a soft creamy color, to paint it with my angled sash Zibra brushI used this same color on this sweet accent table and a set of glass canisters. I applied 2 coats of marzipan for a great light cream color update.


Then the edges were lightly distressed then sealed with a clear wax then I added more dimension with Fusion Mineral Paint ageing and espresso waxes. Layering these waxes  gives an authentic aged look. 


 The shiny satin silver knobs were changed out for a more cohesive farmhouse look to an oil rubbed bronze knob with fun detailing.



I <3 the updated farmhouse look the creamy milk paint color and new hardware add to this shelf.
I may add small hooks to the lower portion for even more storage options.






Comments