Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Artwork frame makeover


Do you have artwork with frames you wish were a different color?


One of my customers picked up these "weed" prints for her new home but the stark shiny black frames were just not going to match. She was not worried though as she knew I could paint them to fit her new home color scheme.


Cottage Paint in evening sky, a soft grey. While the paint was still wet the edges were wiped with a damp cloth to reveal some of the gold detailing and give a distressed feel. This was done for both coats.


To seal the paint, Cottage Paint acrylic wax in satin sheen was wiped on with a damp cloth again in two coats.



To further bring out the detailed frame grooves and give the whole frame an aged look, Fusion Mineral Paint 's black wax was hand rubbed over it all and wiped back.


The frames turned out perfect for their new home.



Shared on these fun Linky Parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments