Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Chocolate mens valet organizer



This is the last of my mens valet / organizer I have sourced and in stock for the Christmas season. It is a vintage solid wood piece with a bit more detail then others I have done. Check out others I have done in greyblack and navy and just recently deep blue.


Being probably almost 40 years old, this vintage piece had some wear and tear over the years that needed to be fixed as step one.


The floor under the drawer needed regluing then clamped and left to dry.



One edge of the drawer liner also needed a spot of glue. To avoid any clamp marks, a soft paper towel was placed between ling and clamp.


The drawer's flocked lining was stained even after scrubbed well so it too will be painted. Seeing I was currently also working on a few antique teal projects; a vintage jewelry box and pecan step stool, I used this gorgeous color from House & Canvas in the drawer. It looks so lovely with the chocolate color I will be painting on the wood valet.


There is a trick to painting fabric though, the paint must be watered down to absorb into the pores. It also requires more coats. Above I am putting on the first coat.


Here it is the next day after dry on the right side. See how the teal paint and orange fabric turned green? On the left is coat number 2 of teal. For the 3rd coat of teal I did not water down the paint.



The body was painted 2 coats of Fusion Mineral Paint in chocolate then distressed on the edges for a rustic farmhouse look. Fusion's black wax was rubbed all over for additional dimension and depth.











Shared up at this linked party

Comments