Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Antique Serving Cart


Follow along to see how this antique cart was given a fun farmhouse finish.


I purchased this sweet antique wheeled cart and as soon as I brought it home my youngest daughter asked for it for Christmas as a plant stand in her new apartment. When asked what colors she saw it in, she instantly said white and dark stain.


As with all my pieces, especially the old antiques that have seen years of wear and use I scrub them thoroughly. You can in the still photo and the video just how much grime and dirt comes off.



Next I removed the bottom shelf for easier stripping and staining. Both flat surfaces were stripped with paint stripper then power sanded smooth. The corners on the top surface with the raised edges required hand sanding to get into the tight corners.



Once the sanding was complete and the whole piece wiped down again to remove any sanding dust it was time to stain. I chose my go to Homestead House's stain and finishing oil all in one  in the color cappuccino. See a farmhouse hutch, an antique dresser, a coffee table and end table, this step stool , this step stool and a sweet accent table all finished in this great color. 


Two coats of this fabulous all in one stain were applied and let dry over night between coats with a light sanding after each. I then brought it inside my home to paint the frame.


Using my Fusion angle brush I applied Fusion Mineral Paint in raw silk. 


Two coats went on followed by a sanding block distress to keep the look antique farmhouse. To continue this look, Fusion's ageing wax was rubbed over the entire cart including the stained surfaces too.



Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


My daughter loved her Christmas present and is now considering not only a plant stand but possible coffee station. We are looking into having a piece of glass cut to set in the top to protect it even more if used for the coffee station.






FEATURED on Hometalk daily email January 2019

Shared at these link parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Penny Sundays
Inspiration Monday

Comments

  1. Love the way you left some of the surfaces unpainted. I love the contrast of the light and dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(
      Thanks I try and refinish wood on flat surfaces when I can :)

      Delete

Post a Comment