Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Side Tables in Shades of Grey




Mid century modern style is hot right now. The clean linear lines add simplicity and style to the pieces. Especially when they are updated with a modern color scheme. For this solid wood set I chose the ever popular grey.


As always the firs step is to scrub well and let dry.


I wanted to strip and stain the tops and the easiest way to do this and paint the base was to take it all apart.


Using heavy duty paint stripper I applied and scraped off the original sealant. This took allot of time as the top coat was the type that is really thick but with allot of elbow grease I got it off, shown above right.

To remove the stain and get the wood surface smooth the tops were power sanded with 120 grit; shown above left.


Next step was to apply the Homestead House's stain and oil finish in the color driftwood. You can see the first coat above on the bottom top rubbed on. Let it soak in for about 10 minutes then wipe off and leave to dry overnight.


Here is the first coat dry, two more coats went on to get the right color coverage. I love that it is a one step process with a built in top coat.


3 coats


Now for the base; using my brand new Cling On round 16 brush.


I chose the ever popular little lamb grey paint color from Fusion Mineral Paint. Two coats were applied and when dry it was sponge sanded to distress. To enhance the details Daddy Vans black wax was hand rubbed all over. 

When dry they were reassembled and the transformation complete, what do you think?









Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me

Shared up at these linky parties
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Pennies Sunday

Comments