Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Old Fashioned Milk Paint rustic shelf/coatrack


Time for another edition of Old Fashioned Milk Paint rep blogging, this project used light cream to create a rustic shelf coat rack combo


this is a 3' long thick solid pine unit with great storage in 3 drawers, on the top shelf and hanging off the 4 hooks but it sure lacked any appeal, lets whip up some light cream milk paint


this little tool I scored at our local rummage sale and it works awesome!!

I put on the first coat of Old Fashioned Milk Paint on the shelf body leaving drawers to decide on color not sure if I should
1- leave wood
2- paint knobs white
3- paint a solid color or
4- paint 3 different colors


as per milk paint tendencies, it chipped where it wanted, I sanded well and put on another coat including full drawer fronts


then sanded it all well again, clear wax was used to seal with a coat of dark wax to give more dimension


and this is the finished piece







Linked up to
Refresh Restyle


*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, there is no monetary compensation received from the sponsored links. Huge thanks to my great sponsor, Old Fashioned Milk Paint

Comments