Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Milk Painted Antique Roll Top Desk


Check out this adorable roll top desk! 


I loved the solid roll up top which revealed sweet little drawers and a pull out desk surface. I am sure it has seen many years of use and deserved a fresh makeover. I decided it was time to do something for myself and revamp my front entry. 



I love turquoises and teals so went with a few of my favorite milk colors to complete this project. Milk paint is perfect for antiques as I feel it gives an authentic look and finish in keeping with their age.


Miss Mustard Seed's kitchen scale is a favorite after I did this solid wood kitchen stool so I went with it for the exterior. In true milk paint nature the colors varied as the painting took place but again that is perfect on an old piece. Since I had sanded and scrubbed it well prior to painting, ONE coat was all it needed and it covered and stuck well to almost the entire piece.


A good sanding and couple coats of Miss Mustard Seed hemp oil and the outside was finished.

Now to work on the inside. I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black for the pull out surface to ground the piece as well as give a durable finish to this flat possible high traffic surface.


For the sweet little drawers I tried a new to me color from Homestead House milk paint line called laurentian, a soft blue. Two coats of it, sanded and sealed with hemp oil and the entire thing was ready to be moved into my entry way. It is gorgeous!! A pretty little one of a kind piece of history that welcomes family and friends and holds loads of treasures right at my front door.









~disclosure~
Please note that although this post is Homestead House Paint Co.  sponsored, all opinions are my own. No monetary compensation has been received. The links are for your convenience to learn more about these great products.

Shared at these linked up parties

Comments

  1. Lovely. The colors you chose are gorgeous and the I adore the way you distressed the piece afterwards. I've been wanting to try milk paint for ages but I can't seem to find any at our shops here in South Africa and International shipping costs have gone through the roof recently. I'll just have to admire all your beautiful projects from afar for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words, so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete
  2. I have loved Kitchen Scale from afar for a while now Lee Ann, and it looks just wonderful on this piece deepened with Hemp Oil. I like the use of contrasting colors on the inside as well, great updating job, and thanks for sharing it at Fridays Furniture Fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment