Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Geometric Coffee Table in Classic Black


Black painted furniture is trending all over my Instagram feed so I went with classic charcoal and black for this geometric wood coffee table makeover.


The shape and style is very classic on this solid wood coffee table manufactured by Sklar Pepplar.


It had seen many years of use but ready to be given new life.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  

On a nice fall day here in southern Alberta, I hauled it outside to power sand down the top with my orbital Dewalt sander using 120 grit sand paper.


Just look at that beautiful grain!!

Now to remove hardware and scrub it up well with warm water, soap and TSP then on to the pretty process. 


My first plan was to try this Varathane weathered wood accelerator for a weathered grey look. Here is the coat going on. I was using it on a weathered wood growth ruler as well.


However when it dried it was no where the grey I hoped to get so on to plan B!


Homestead House's stain and finish oil  in ebony was applied in two coats.


However when the second coats dried; water rings that were sanded smooth showed thru ;(, time for plan C! These 2 layers will however give a nice durable sealer for that gorgeous wood.


Fusion Mineral Paint in ash was brushed on over the entire table.


They say 3 times is the charm and it seems so in this case. This happens now and then, don't let a change of vision discourage you. 


To bring out that gorgeous grain even more, Fusion Mineral Paint black wax was brushed in all over the coffee table surfaces.


After brushed on, wipe off excess and buff once dry.


Put the original hardware back on after scrubbing up. The gold metallic gives the perfect pop.













FEATURED ON
Jan 5, 2020 email


Shared at these link up parties
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Creative Inspirations

Comments

  1. Elizabeth DaviesJanuary 05, 2020 7:05 AM

    Stunning piece,really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment