Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage chair gets a white milk paint update


Vintage chairs are a fun way to add charm and color to a space; like your front door, desk, bedroom or around a dining table.


The vintage solid wood chair had been painted black in the past over the original medium stained finish. 


Tipping it upside down shows it was a non professional paint job; the underside of the rails were left unpainted and the leg s are painted on the seat bottom.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me

These home painted jobs sometimes are problematic as take more work to prep then a usual factory finish. Drips were scraped off with my handy razor scraper then cracking or chipped areas were power sanded with my Dewalt orbital sander using 120 grit sand paper.



Old Fashioned Milk Paint in oyster white was chosen to give the chair an update. One coat is on the left with 2 coats on the right.


And this chair decided to reveal a crackled milk paint finish; perfect to add to the old world finish. A 3rd and final coat of Old Fashioned Milk Paint oyster white was painted on.


Only 1 repair was required with a wee piece of wood on the underside of the seat glued in place and clamped till dry.

 All surfaces were  sponge sanded smooth and some edges distressed then clear waxed with Daddy Vans clear wax and buffed smooth.




To age it further and add to the old world finish, Daddy Vans black wax was added to the detail areas.





See all the lovely crackling., distressing and black wax caught in the detailing?





Shared at these link up parties

Comments