From Gilded to Grounded: A Standing Jewelry Armoire's Dark Moody Transformation
Sometimes, a "bright and airy" makeover just doesn’t fit the vibe. I found this standing jewelry armoire after it had already been given a white and gold facelift by someone else, but it felt a bit too "glam" for many people. I knew it had the potential to be something much more sophisticated, mysterious, and—of course— moody . In this tutorial, I’m taking you through the process of retaining some of the previous DIY and layering on a deep, velvety dark green finish. We’ll be leaning into those shadows, highlighting the unique curved silhouette. Whether you're looking to tone down a piece that's "too bright" or you're ready to embrace the dark academia aesthetic, here is how I turned a high-contrast piece into a seamless, moody masterpiece.
Very pretty office tray upcycle!
ReplyDeleteThank you Marie, appreciate your kindness :)
DeleteSo pretty! I absolutely love that shade of green, and the flowers are gorgeous! Such a great makeover!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much, I love this soft green so much :) and the flowers are so sweet too
DeleteGreat upcycle! I love the color you chose and the rub on transfer. It makes a lovely tray for the office of front door for mail.
ReplyDeleteRachelle
Thank you Rachelle, I agree. It would be the perfect place to toss keys, mail lipstick etc :)
DeleteThat is so pretty! The colors all go together so beautifully. I would never have thought to make over a tray like that, and it is such a great idea.
ReplyDeleteThank you Pam for such kind words, appreciated :)
DeleteLove this upcycle. It is so pretty. And all about spring. Thanks for sharing at #omhgww. See you next week. Pinned and tweeted if buttons are available.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words, and for hosting :)
Delete