From Gilded to Grounded: A Standing Jewelry Armoire's Dark Moody Transformation
Sometimes, a "bright and airy" makeover just doesn’t fit the vibe. I found this standing jewelry armoire after it had already been given a white and gold facelift by someone else, but it felt a bit too "glam" for many people. I knew it had the potential to be something much more sophisticated, mysterious, and—of course— moody . In this tutorial, I’m taking you through the process of retaining some of the previous DIY and layering on a deep, velvety dark green finish. We’ll be leaning into those shadows, highlighting the unique curved silhouette. Whether you're looking to tone down a piece that's "too bright" or you're ready to embrace the dark academia aesthetic, here is how I turned a high-contrast piece into a seamless, moody masterpiece.














So pretty!
ReplyDeleteThank you so very much for the kind words :)
DeleteGreat job. I love the colos.
ReplyDeleteThank you, they are a favorite combo of mine for sure ;)
DeleteI would have never thought to do this. It's beautiful! Love the colors. Thank you for linking this at Farmhouse Friday. I'm featuring it this week. Hope you link up again. Love all that you do! Sorry, I don't know your name. I've searched around here but can't find it. Pinned
ReplyDeleteHi Cindy, thanks for the kind words. I do have my info at top, I hope it shows to all, I am Lee Ann :)
Deletewow, this is gorgeous and yes, so creative!! I loved seeing the process, what a great decor save. I'm featuring this post on All About Home Monday evening. Thanks so much for coming by and joining in.
ReplyDeleteThank you Debra, seems I missed this totally!
DeleteCan this teapot be sealed for outdoor use
ReplyDeleteIt could if you used an outdoor sealer :)
Delete