Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Gel Stained Utility Trailer


Have you used gel stain for something other then furniture? We rebuilt our utility trailer and to seal the new wood top I used Dixie Belle No Pain Gel Stain!!


First my husband cut off the existing center support bracket to modify for a different OHV placement.


Then a few rusted on bolts to remove the old worn wood top.


The old wood was slide out of the side tracks.


New sheets of 3/4"- treated 4'X8' plywood sheets were filled with Dixie Belle mud and once dry sanded smooth with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge. Two full sheets were purchased but one was cut in half lengthwise with the above piece leftover.

The pieces were slid back in place and affixed securely with new fasteners.

Wanting a smooth washable surface with added durability Dixie Belle No Pain Gel Stain in the new color American honey was applied. I started with my usual shop towel application but the woods texture made it hard so switched to a Dixie Belle chip brush. This made it mush easier to apply and then wiped back with the shop towel.


I used this can on an antique table top and the rest of the can was the perfect amount for this wood top.


Here is the view from above; looking fabulous right? Don't be afraid to think outside the usual box when using stain.

 

It has been put to use for the summer and the sealed top rinses off perfectly.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON



Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! What product did you use to seal this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the question.. I actually did not add any further sealer to the gel stain as it does have somewhat of a built in sealer. For sure adding one would make it even more durable but we were in a hurry to finish and let it dry well for the 3 days to use it on a OHV trip. I would add gator hide if I did seal it or do seal it in the future.

      Delete

Post a Comment