Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Turquoise Terra Painted Harlequin Accent Chair

 

Have you tried Dixie Belle Paint's new line of Terra clay paint?? I chose a pretty turquoise color for my first project trying it out; a fun accent chair.


As in any project the first step is to scrub it well. I like to use Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner in a spray bottle, a scrub brush and my indoor garage hose to rinse well. I then wipe with a clean towel and let dry well.


I chose this gorgeous turquoise blue from the new Dixie Belle Terra paint line called lani's lagoon. Look at a few more of the amazing color line up. (And the new big daddy brush just released!!)


I applied this clay paint with a Dixie Belle synthetic brush starting from the underside first. I like doing this on chairs as find you cover areas that are harder to see when upright.


This clay paint goes on smoothly. The paint can also provide texture if wanted but I chose a smooth look for this curvy chair.


Flipped over the rest of the chair gets the first coat. Two coats were applied leaving about 24 hours between coats.


Wanting to add some fun design to the seat and keep it neutral for his/hers I chose the harlequin Dixie Belle stencil.


Using moon beam from the new terra Dixie Belle Paint I stenciled the design on.


Once dry I sanded the surfaces all smooth with a blue RAD pad by SurfPrep as well as distressing the edges to give an old worn feel to the chair.


Now to seal it up, there is a new terra wax but I have yet to get it so I used my favorite clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax and my jumbo dedicated Dixie Belle best dang brush which makes the task go fast and efficient. It is suggested not to use best dang wax on terra as colors move but this was ok on this worn look.


Accent chairs are so versatile; at your front door for a fun spot to put your shoes on at, in the office to add pizzazz, in a childs room (this one is non gender specific too) or anywhere you need an extra seat.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Note that terra paint will need to be rewaxed yearly as the surface wears especially on a chair seat.


UPDATE!! After a week of curing I decided to add a coat of Dixie Belle flat clear coat using my mini angled Dixie Belle synthetic brush


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON



Shared up at these fun parties


Comments

  1. I've definitely got to try the Terra clay paint. Very pretty Windsor chair makeover and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, thanks for stopping by with the kind words. I hope you enjoy the paint!

      Delete
  2. I would love to have you join in my linky party and share your cute project! https://karinskottage.com/2022/08/karins-kottage-linky-party-summertime-things.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment