Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Easy Wooden Mirror Makeover

 


Let me share how I updated this oval wooden mirror in classic black. The shape is classic, the size perfect for many spots, the mirror glass itself in excellent condition; it just needed a new color.

Perhaps you have a mirror or small decor piece that could use an update?? Here is how.


This lovely mirror was gifted to me along with this gorgeous vanity/desk and sewing stool. THANK YOU Judy for entrusting me to relove these pieces for years more use.


After a good cleaning of the glass and frame it was ready to paint. I tucked pieces of newspaper under the edges to prevent paint on the mirror itself. NOTE: Be sure to remove paper right after painting or paint will dry connecting paper and underside edges.


This is not a necessary step as a razor works well to remove it there happens to be paint on glass. See the above video.


Dixie Belle silk mineral paint anchor was the perfect classic update color. I was using it on a jumbo jewelry chest at the same time.

Two coats were applied a few hours apart. Silk paint has a built in primer and top coat making it a one step paint. Perfect for these types of projects.


On the underside of the wood frame, touchups were done using the small angled Dixie Belle Artist Brush. This makes for a better reflection rather then the oak showing.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk





Comments

  1. Nice makeover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers I have done so , thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of this mirror LeeAnn! I needed the tip of putting paper under the frame years ago when I painted a mirror we have in our bedroom. My hands are no longer steady, and I got paint on the mirror. I used a razor to get it off, but the paper trick is ideal! Thank you for sharing, I think I learn something new on every visit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your kind words, they are greatly appreciated. It really makes my efforts to share my tutorials worthwhile!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty transformation! I love the black color that you chose...it makes it feel super chic and goes well with any decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AJ I totally agree!! cant go wrong with classic black!

      Delete
  6. What a great update - love the black vs the wooden color.
    Thank you for sharing your various links with us at #274 SSPS Linky. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks allot, I too love the classic black. I find it hard to believe it has not sold yet though

      Delete
  7. Well. Everyone is using black now
    Nothing original!!! All.items are boring black....ruining some good pieces...
    Black is for a funeral. .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA that it is but is also a classic color that grounds every room. Classic like the little black dress. This classic shape mirror will continue to reflect life in someone's home for many more years. I do not feel it has been ruined but we all are entitled to our own opinions. Thanks for sharing yours.

      Delete
  8. Looks real nice elegant like. Come see what we shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment