Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

JUMBO Jewelry Chest in Classic Black


You may have seen this jumbo jewelry chest or even have it as it is a current product. I bought one for my middle daughter a few years back. She loves the size which provides tons of storage.


They are done in a faux cherry wood finish. I picked this one up from a local buy and sell site. It was in immaculate shape. It just needed a new look. Classic black was my choice.

Just look at all the storage and huge beveled mirror.


For ease of painting I stuck paper under the mirror edges. The entire chest was wiped clean.


Then all surfaces with scuff sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge. This gives the smooth surface a bit of "stick" for the paint. The dust was wiped with a damp cloth.

Classic black, anchor Dixie Belle silk mineral paint was brushed on with a medium flat Dixie Belle synthetic brush. This size is perfect for all the surfaces.

I was working on 2 anchor projects at the same time. This chest and a large oval mirror. It looks so much better painted then the worn wood.


All surfaces got a coat of this rich black paint. Silk has a built in primer and top coat making it a one step paint!


After the first coat was dry I used my handy Dyson hand held vacuum in all the velvet lined surfaces.


Two coats went on in total. I like to buff sand the surfaces with a piece of brown paper to make the finish feel just like silk. Did you know brown paper acts like a super fine grit sandpaper?


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk





It has a key and a watch form included too


take a video tour of this jumbo beauty





I tried to get pictures to show scale as photos can be deceiving


This dresser tutorial is coming soon


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON

Shared at these link up parties

Comments

  1. I have never heard the tip about brown paper LeeAnn! Thanks for sharing, we are working on a piece. I am looking forward to seeing how it will turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find it works well. I like using it allot.

      Delete
  2. The black does look so much prettier and especially after all the work you have done, perfect and I am sure your daughter loves it.

    Thank you for sharing your links with us at #276 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment