DIY Furniture Flip: Refinished Solid Maple Dresser in Classic White
In this tutorial, I’m sharing how I completely transformed a solid maple, Canadian-made dresser into a fresh, modern piece that’s both timeless and functional. Originally a tired chest of drawers, this sturdy maple beauty got a full makeover — from sanding and priming to a crisp classic white finish and new stainless steel bar and knob hardware . The result? A clean, elegant dresser with five easy-glide drawers that looks right at home in any bedroom, guest room, or entryway. Follow along to see each step of the refinishing process and how a little paint and hardware can give solid wood furniture a brand-new life.


I may not be seeing the little ledge appropriately, but I'm going to say it's to place the contents of one's pocket at the end of the day...pocket change...maybe cufflinks...maybe a wallet, but back then, one would have used a tray sitting on top of the dresser.
ReplyDeletethat was all I could think of too, thank you for your thoughts ;)
DeleteWhat a beautiful piece. I really like it in both colors but I can understand why you felt you should make it more neutral.
ReplyDeletethank you!! I appreciate that
DeleteLee Ann I loved the Cranberry and Gold but the Limestone and Gold is just as pretty ;) I always love painted my pieces in beautiful colours but I have had the same problem as you when I do... they definitely take longer to sell. You did a lovely job with both colours... they look so pretty with the MCM style. Thanks for linking this up to the Inspiration Galore Project Party last week! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs.
ReplyDeletethank you, glad I am not the only one who second guesses her choices. I too love both
Delete