From Gilded to Grounded: A Standing Jewelry Armoire's Dark Moody Transformation
Sometimes, a "bright and airy" makeover just doesn’t fit the vibe. I found this standing jewelry armoire after it had already been given a white and gold facelift by someone else, but it felt a bit too "glam" for many people. I knew it had the potential to be something much more sophisticated, mysterious, and—of course— moody . In this tutorial, I’m taking you through the process of retaining some of the previous DIY and layering on a deep, velvety dark green finish. We’ll be leaning into those shadows, highlighting the unique curved silhouette. Whether you're looking to tone down a piece that's "too bright" or you're ready to embrace the dark academia aesthetic, here is how I turned a high-contrast piece into a seamless, moody masterpiece.












































Lovely, lovely, lovely..
ReplyDeleteThank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(
DeleteVery nice! Love the dark and light color contrast. Going to try this.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(
DeleteI hope your project turned out
How does the stain hold up to heat or water?
ReplyDeleteWe bought a brand new table from the brick just over two years ago and you can set a coffee down without a heat mark or have a drip of water without a water stain.
Looking to refinish with something more durable
Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(
DeleteI always suggest place mats or coasters on any wood surface, heat and moisture do not bode well for most finishes even professionally done.
Your table turned out amazing! I have this exact table that I am doing the same DIY on. But….a big BUT someone misplaced the screws (?) that hold the table base to the top. My any slim chance can you show/measurements/tell me what is used to hold the two pieces together??? TYIA you would be my lifesaver.
ReplyDeleteSorry I wish I could answer that but the table sold but you can find replacement screw at any hardware store .. I am guessing fine thread 3" long but your hardware store might let you try a few to see
DeleteHow do you keep the black wax on top to keep from rubbing off on things?
ReplyDeleteOnce cured it should hold up not to bad but indeed with time and wear it could be reapplied in the future depending on the amount of rubbing
Delete