Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Rustic Wood Bread Box in Warm White


I recently sourced 2 bread boxes at a local thrift store. Bread boxes are very popular sellers for me but I never have any on hand as they sell right away. 


This one was spoken for even before I posted it as the first gal on the list called it.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Follow me on Hometalk 
Email me


After our consulting session she went with the same warm white as this roll top bread box I did awhile back sans a stencil.

Step one scrub every inch of the bread box inside and out with warm soapy water and sprayed on Simple Green cleaner.  I like to use a scrub brush to get in all the nooks and crannies, rinse well and let dry completely.


Fusion Mineral Paint in plaster ; a soft warm white was brushed on in two coats on all sides. When all was dry, the entire bread box was sponge sanded to smooth the paint and distress the edges.


To add an aged look to the edges, Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax was brushed on and buffed in.


 The customers accent kitchen color was turquoise so I surprised her by adding a removable liner to the inside. I love this option because it adds some fun to the piece (there are many patterns and colors) and makes clean  up much easier PLUS it can be easily changed when needed. Just measure the area, mark on the contact liner, cut, peel and press in place.










I have linked items I use on my projects via my Amazon affiliate for your convenience. Rest assured there is no pressure to purchase nor is there any increase in price using my links. It is only meant to share what products I find useful.

Shared at these link up parties
Farmhouse Friday

Comments