Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Bold, Gold, Plum Crazy Jewelry Chest

 

Bold and gold was the inspiration for this classic vintage wooden jewelry chest.

I LOVE these jewelry boxes. Most likely because I received one as a birthday gift in my teens and still have it today. I am NOT in my teens :)


The box was vacuumed inside well and the outside wiped cleaned. The pulls were not removeable so taped off with painters tape.

Check out many more jewelry boxes I have reloved.


The Dixie Belle Paint color plum crazy was brushed on all 4 sides and the top. It is a rich fuchsia.


The inner edge was painted top and bottom as well.


I propped it open to let the paint dry well. These steps were repeated for the second coat of plum.


I wanted to add a gold mandala Dixie Belle silk screen stencil on the top.


Gold Dixie Belle Gilding Wax was brushed over the stencil.


But when it was lifted the stencil did not look good. I share this with you so you don't make the same mistake. I have made myself a note; NO GILDING WAX ON SILK STENCILS ;)

I wiped off the wax and repainted the top.


Flipping the box on it's side I applied a narrow silk screen stencil and a piece of painters tape to give a paint saver edge.

Gold digger Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint was brushed on.


And when removed it looked PERFECT! Once dry, the other side was done the same way. I also washed and dried the stencil between sides too.


The bold gold was done on the top again in Metallic Moonshine paint.


And it was perfect when lifted this time.


The gold shimmers in the light.


And lends some bold glamor to the chest.


Next up was these pretty flowers from the buds and branches Dixie Belle transfer.



Cut out the graphics, remove white backing, set in place and burnish in place


They go around corners too, just go slowly. Remove top clear paper.


To seal the transfers, Dixie Belle satin clear coat was brushed on. Two coats in total.


The last step was putting on new cork pads on the base.


Take a video tour!!



Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk







Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON

Hometalk 7-20-23


Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. What a beautiful transformation from plain to glamorous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful makeover LeeAnn. The gold really pops! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, the gold really goes add a bit of glam for sure :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous redo, I’m inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding and so creative and beautiful. Thank you from your SSPS Team for sharing your various links with us at #265 SSPS Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please elaborate on what kind of brush and technique you used to apply the moonshine paint to the silkscreen stencil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, to apply the moonshine I used a 1" chip brush to apply over the silk stencil. Alternately Dixie Belle has a silicone paddle that will apply over them as well

      Delete
  7. This turned out beautifully! Love the color and all the added extras. Thank you for sharing it with us on Farmhouse Friday 331. I'm featuring it tomorrow. Hope you link up again soon. pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and the feature. I will be stopping by to check out other great pieces tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous transformation and love the Plum! Saw it at TFT#645. I'm sharing #67 through 71. Have a great week. Nancy Andres @ Colors 4 Health

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment