Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Western Boho Bottle

 

Did you see the pretty rice papered bottle I did recently? I did another one at the same time but this one was done with paint, transfers and stencils. I recently found out via DNA that I am Metis. I chose colors and designs to honor my western and Metis heritage.

These 2 glass rum bottles had a great shape to create my visions on.


The secret to being sure everything sticks to glass is Dixie Belle Slick Stick. Two coats left to dry for 24 hours is what you need.


Mirage Dixie Belle silk mineral paint was applied next. I LOVE this color. I have used it on these other projects.


On the cork top I filled the design with white Dixie Belle mud before painting with the teal mirage paint. When dry it was sanded smooth and rounded.

Three coats of this gorgeous color were painted on all sides.


Now the bottle was ready to add pizzazz.

Western boho Dixie Belle silk screen stencils and boho soul Dixie Belle transfers were chosen.


Here is one of the western boho stencils pressed in place on one side of the bottle. Wedding belle Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint was brushed over the stencil.


Lift off the stencil to reveal the pretty design.


Another stencil from the collection was done on the other side in the same way as above. The cork also had a stencil applied.


Wedding belle Metallic Moonshine paint is so lovely. It was also dry brushed on the edges of the bottle to create highlights and dimension.


 Now to add the boho soul transfers. Position and burnish in place.


Flip over and add another to the other side too.


To seal the transfers to the bottle I used Dixie Belle satin clear coat applied with a Dixie Belle premium chip brush.


The last step was to further the dimension by lightly brushing on black Dixie Belle's best dang wax with a dedicated premium chip brush.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk






Here is a video view of the boho bottle


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON

Shared at these great link up parties

Comments

  1. Oh, WOW, love the bottle!! I found your post at a party and wanted to let you know that I host parties too. Won’t you drop by and linkup with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee, I would love to check out your party, send me the link :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. I have 3 going on right now. You can find them all at the top of my blog's first page :)

      Delete

Post a Comment