Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Floral Stenciled Wooden Crate

  This hand crafted wooden crate needed some pizzaz to give it a one of a kind look ready to hold pretty potted flowers on a front step. Happy Mother's Day it will be for one lucky Mom!

Fast Fix Mirror Frame


The condo basement bathroom mirror frame had damage most likely from water splashed, shower humidity and/or cleaning sprays left on it. It is an easy fix though to bring it back to life in a few simple steps. Let me share the steps.



Using a low grit sanding pad the wooden frame was hand sanded to remove all the loose and lifting paint off. The paint dust was vacuumed with my handy Dyson stick vacuum. Then a damp micro cloth was used to wipe it all clean. I also cleaned the mirror itself at this step to save a deep cleaning after it was painted.


I slid a smooth piece of paper under the frame edge to protect the mirror glass while painting and slid it along as I went. Using a small flat synthetic brush, black anchor Dixie Belle silk mineral paint was brushed on.


Two coats in total were painted on and that was it. This silk paint has a built in top coat making it a one step paint perfect for a easy fast fix.

Another update I could have done was spray paint the vanity light bar above like we did at my daughters condo.


The mirror was back in action in short order.


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared on these fun link up parties


Comments

  1. Quick and inexpensive fix. Looks brand new. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words :) It is an easy way to freshen up a pice for sure

      Delete

Post a Comment